Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Time is contagious everybody's getting old

I'm kind of over this feeling sorry for myself bullshit. I walk around looking like someone just killed my dog and the world is ending. Well I'm tired of it. I identify myself as a recovering addict and let stupid decisions of my past ruin my present, and give me a bleak outlook on the future. I look for fault in any realationship I'm in, wait for the other shoe to drop because I am so convinced that I don't deserve happiness. And what did I do that was so bad? What did I do that has tainted me so much that I believe nothing good is allowed to happen in my life? Maybe I lied a little here and there. Maybe I hurt a couple feelings and was a nasty bitch from time to time. Maybe I played around with illegal substances and maybe, I lied.

Today. Right now. I don't think any of that means I'm not allowed to be happy. I don't think it means I'm not allowed to have a second chance. Whenever someone I know messes up, or acts like a bitch or is caught in a lie, I give them a second chance or a third and so on. Why is it that all the rules apply to everyone else but me? I don't think I have been gentle on myself, I don't think I've been fair to myself. And for once, I'm the most important person in my life.

So I'm going to cut the crap. Get over it. And let it be. I'm giving myself a clean slate. As of right now I have nothing to identify myself with. I'm not a recovering addict, I'm a girl that experimented with drugs and got over it. I'm not a bitch, I'm a typical girl who has had a few mood swings. I am no better than anyone else, and no one-no one-else is better than me.

It's time I started giving myself a little credit where credit is due and treat myself with the same respect I treat perfect strangers. It's time I stopped living in the past and watching it so much that the present smacks me in the face.

And I'm done.
peace.

Time is contagious
Everybody's getting old
So you can sit on chimneys
Put some fire up your ass
No need to know what you're doing or looking for
But if anyone should ask
Tell them I've been cooking coconut skins
And we've been hanging out
Tell them God just dropped by to forgive our sins
And relieve us our doubt
La la la la la la la

3 comments:

Through the looking glass said...

Seems like sometimes we get dished more then our fair share of a dose of reality...I hope and pray things get better for you and you find what you are looking for and want...

elaina said...

good for you. this is the best thing you've done for yourself in a long time. I'm very happy for you right now, and I'm going to make sure you stick to it :)

love you!

kelly. said...

i couldn't agree more with what you said..i definitely think this will be good for you. love you.

and i really miss you a lot.