Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The world will laugh a little less.

This morning my dad's best friend Wayne died. Wayne was one of the funniest guys to ever walk this planet-always getting into some kind of mischief. He had a great presence about him in sheer size and personality. He was diagnosed with stage four non small cell lung cancer a few months back, by that point it was just a matter of months. But I didn't expect to hear it today. I am just crushed. Wayne was the guy that, god forbid, anything should happen to my own father would be walking me down the aisle. He's the one that when my parents are gone and my car breaks down, comes out at eight in the morning to diagnose the problem. He's the one always cracking jokes and keeping moral up. I think he just got too tired. If you had the chance to meet him, you've been blessed; if you never got that chance then you missed out on something really great and once in a life time.

God Bless Mister Wayne Miller. The world will be laughing a little less without you in it.

No comments: