Monday, September 29, 2008

capture the moment

I have always been the kind of person that just sits back and watches things happen. I don't mean I don't take action when I feel like I should; I mean I like to observe and try to understand a hidden meaning. I like to capture a moment of time in the clearest of details to recall at my leisure. In fact what I picture as my "happy" place is really just an image of a flower. It's very simple but it brings me peace.

Sometimes when I'm out on my own I will see something like a scene in nature, or a moment shared between two people and I take a snapshot of it in my mind. I almost feel as if I am stumbling upon some secret of the universe and I want to capture the moment and share it with others.

Now, I'm not going to go around taking snapshots of people in their daily lives because that's, well, creepy. But I do think I am seriously going to get into photography and learn how to capture the scene as I see. I want to learn how to manipulate images to just the right detail or leave them naked as they are so that maybe I can let someone else in on a little secret of the universe.

So if anyone has any advice on a camera or book/instructional that would help me let me know.

love.

Someone else's moment.

1 comment:

Through the looking glass said...

Definitely an SLR...if you are looking to go on the cheap, shop ebay for a used Canon EOS Rebel 35mm...or for a couple hundred you can buy one brand new...I have an EOS Rebel Ti and I love it...if you really wanna drop some coin, look at the entry level canon and nikon digital SLR's...you won't be sorry...