Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

Today is a day of change all around and I am thrilled! I was so excited to see a HUGE American flag hanging from the GWB I would have stopped to take a picture but the bridge is not a place to stop and take pictures. But I stole this picture from Google. This picture doesn’t do this simple act of hanging a flag justice. The sun was shining and driving up to see this flag hanging above imposing and radiant was breathtaking.

flaggwb

I spent the whole morning scanning the AM radio stations for inaugural coverage and found one that I followed religiously for hours. I was furious that the timing of check-in at school today took place between ten and two and I showed up around eleven. I tried to rush getting everything done so I could catch the inauguration but I only made it in time for the beginning of God Bless America, so as I write this I am watching Obama’s speech, getting chills as he talks about peace and prosperity. We may not be ready yet but I believe under Obama we will be able to lead once more. For the world has changed and we must change with it.

On another note I made a big change today as I moved into my dorm room. I have a very nice (freshman) roommate who seems pretty chill, her friend Alexa(?) is pretty chill too. I feel like I’m walking into something a little late, this probably would have been more fun if I was a freshman too but I guess you take what you can get right? It’s difficult to move to such a new area I feel lost! I don’t know where a damn thing is! This campus is pretty big and I walked around like an idiot for about fifteen minutes after moving my car just trying to find my dorm again. It was nuts and I called two different people to talk me through my trip.

I am not looking forward to trying to find my 830 class tomorrow morning, but I do have a three(?!) hour break in between my first and second classes so I’ll probably take that time to figure out where all my classes are and buy some notebooks before coming back to take a nap, something I’m already looking forward to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good luck!!!! have fun. call if you need anything. i might even come visit if i have time before i head back to school in feb..love you lots. and HAVE FUN!!